2022 LIVE IN ART Prize
Curator : Guan Wei
Producer : Huijinou Wang
art prize statement
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s easy for us to loose track on amazing artists and their artworks, which is saddening because some of the greatest artists are created during the toughest times. If you’re an artist, emerging, mid-career or established, we would love to see your incredible artwork and help foster your passion and future in the art scene. We would like to share your artwork with as greater audiences as possible and also provide emerging artists the opportunity to exhibit with us and publish their work on our partner INDULGENCE MAGAZINE! The winner of 2022 Live in Art Prize will be provided with an opportunity for a solo exhibition in 2023! Artworks do not have to be done specifically for the competition, previous unpublished artworks finished after 1 January 2020 are accepted and artworks that is inspired during the isolation period are also recommended.
Prizes and Benefits
- 2022 Live in Art Prize: The prize money of AUD 3,000 is to be awarded to the artist of the single winning entry selected by all judges. The work will be collected by Live in Art Sydney as a return to the prize.
- 2022 Live in Art Creative Prize: The prize money of AUD 500 is to be awarded to the most creative artist selected by all judges.
- 2022 Live in Art People’s Choice: The prize money of AUD 500 is to be awarded to the most popular artists selected by all audiences.
- Live in Art Solo Exhibition Opportunity: First prize owner will be offered a solo exhibition in 2023 (time to be advised).
- Opportunities to all finalist artists to display in our main window for two weeks.
- All finalists will be published on our partner INDULGENCE MAGAZINE.
Date of work must be competed: after 1 January 2020
Entries Open: 1 April 2022
Entries Close: 30 September 2022
Finalist notified by email: 8 October 2022
Delivery of selected entries: 10am – 5pm, 18 – 22 October 2022
Live in Art Prize winner announced: 8 November 2022
Live in Art Creative Prize winner announced: 8 November 2022
AWARD PARTY: 6pm – 8pm, 8 November 2022
Live in Art Prize exhibition: 1 – 30 November 2022
Live in Art People’s Choice winner announced: 1 December 2022
Collection of works not selected: selected artists to be advised
- Application must be submitted from Australia or New Zealand.
- The artist must be over 18 years old.
- The artist may enter no more than 3 works only.
- Can be a painting, a collage, a sculpture or a small scale installation.
- Can be a portrait, landscape, abstract or any subject matter.
- Can be in medium such as oil, acrylic, watercolour, charcoal, ink, mixed media, pencil or pen.
- Can be on any surface.
- Long edge must NOT exceed 100 cm. This dimension apply to the actual work that not include mounting or framing.
- Must be completed after 1 January 2020.
- All entries selected as a finalist must be available for sale. To ensure this, all art must not be available for sale through any other forum from the finalist announced until 1 December 2022 unless returned to the artist. Works sold prior to the exhibition will be ineligible.
Below information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in subject “2022 Live in Art Prize (Artist Full Name)”:
- A signed entry form.
- A latest artist CV named by artist full name, including: artist biography, education background, exhibitions, and any projects, awards, publications, commissions and collections.
- The artwork image(s) submitted must be: a minimum of 750 pixels on the shortest side, file size of each image no less than 1MB, saved in .jpg or .png format.
- File name(s) should include all relevant artwork details in the following format “Full Name, Artwork title, Year of completion, Medium, Size, Price”.
- The price above should be artist wholesale price (the price artist wish to receive after sales in AUD).
- All emails have to be replied based on the original email.
/Liv/ Art Prize, Shop 8/22-24 Cross Street, Double Bay, NSW 2028
- Entries must have hanging devices such as hooks or wires and ready to hang.
- Entries should be packed securely. Any mark or damage should be photoed prior to the delivery and sent to email@example.com
- A copy of the completed entry form must be printed and attached to the back of the work.
- Entries should be delivered within the specified period (see Important Dates above). We open our doors on Knox Ln. Please call 0422039834 at least half an hour before arrival.
- Delivery must be made in person, by the artist, nominated representative or a courier company.
- Freight costs and all other costs may incurred in the delivery and collection of any work, including customs duty and import tax, are the sole responsibility of the artist.
- Live in Art Sydney will exercise all due care with the works submitted. However, it is strongly recommended that each artist maintains their own insurance for packing and transit to be and from Live in Art Sydney. Live in Art Sydney will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered whatsoever to any art work while in transit or under its control.
- The judges shall be appointed by the 2022 Live in Art Prize in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at this solo discretion.
- An esteemed panel of art experts will each provide individual scores that will be averaged to produce a single score for each entry. Judging will be ‘blind’. No names or other indicators will be shown in judging to lead to the entrant and no names or other indicators are allowed on the entry that could indicate who is the author of the entry.
- No information regarding the entrants will be shared with the judges until all scoring has been made final. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score will be deemed the winner. If there is still a tie, the judges will select the entry deemed to be the better entry overall.
- If for any reason an announced judge is unable to judge the entries, the entries will be judged by the remaining judges and/or alternate judge.
- Voting for the 2022 Live in Art People’s Choice will be counted both offline and online. The public voting period is 1 -30 November 2022.
- All artworks entered by the artist must be made solely by the artist and be the property of the artist.
- All works must be new, original uncopied work, and must not infringe the copyright or any other rights of a third party.
- All artists authorise the Live in Art Sydney formally and irrevocably, to publish their works free of copyright, totally or partly, in all publications and materials (catalogues, folders, posters, slide shows, brochures, etc), as well as on the official website or social media.
- The deadlines and delivery dates are not extendable.
- Entry details cannot be changed once the work(s) has been confirmed by Live in Art Sydney.
- By entering the 2022 Live in Art Prize, you agree to become a subscriber to our regular newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time.
- The work won the first prize will be collected by Live in Art Sydney. Please not that Live in Art Sydney will not pay extra as the awards are already available.
- The stated artist wholesale price should be GST inclusive. If you have a registered business, an ABN must be supplied.
- Payment from the sale of artwork sold will be made to the artist by 31 December 2022.
- The artist is responsible for collection of their unsold works, which must be 6 – 10 December 2022. Any artwork not collected after the advised pick up dates will be stored at Live in Art Sydney at the artist’s expense.